Today we have the results of our scouting, so here they are:
Lucas Nalley- I was on the drive team so I did no scouting. The phones have a hardware problem, the GPS and Wifi transceivers are right next to each other so the GPS signal was blocking the Wifi so that was one of the problems with connection, the other one was the EM static and bad phones. On to driving, we needed more rotation out of the servos because they couldn’t reach low enough to hit the second trigger. We also needed more traction on the back wheels to get higher on the ramp, and we forgot to put the debris pusher on the robot.
Travis McCoy-8745; I think after being informed of the problem we need to separate the wifi and GPS transceivers, and remember to charge the phones after using them. Also communication was not very good between teams, particularly in the match that 8745 and 9734 were on a team together. All in all a good competition day to get some kinks assessed.
Katie Yoson- I was the drive coach and did not scout. In the first two matches our autonomous did work, but tele-op didn’t; but eventually we fixed the problem for the last 3 matches. There were some small flaws in the pit assignments, so for next competition we need to more closer edit and double check the times. The scouting also didn’t work as smoothly as we expected, as most sheets were only half filled or entirely unused; so we will be working on editing and possibly narrowing the information down to a single, more easy to fill out, scouting sheet.
Darwin Clark- 8745: I am the lead programmer for the 8745 team and I hastily constructed an autonomous program for the day that worked ⅘ times we used it. I did not scout because I was too busy working and my compadre lost the sheet required for scouting. I also performed heavy analysis for all of the games and the strategy associated with all the teams
Martin Vroom- 8745: I am the drive pOperator, lead mechanic, and spirit lead for the 8745 B.I.nary robotics team. For the first two times our autonomous didn’t work, but after that it worked every time. We had a lot of problems because our wheels didn’t fit on the robot, so we had to readjust, cut and staple the wheels on the robot, having to go through reinspection many times. After the first few matches, our autonomous worked, and we stopped disconnecting from the robot after it ran. In the end we ended up in 3rd place by 1 point, close call!
Jackson Cross-8745: I am the head of the electrical team for 8745 B.I.nary robotics team based in Bainbridge Island, WA, and spent most of my time either spectating or in “The Pit”. I was unable to contribute much to the robot, as it was mostly the mechanical leaders and programmers who worked on the robot. While spectating, I noticed that our robot failed to move during teleop for the first few rounds. I don’t know if this was a phone or a controller issue, but we fixed it ;-). Next, we improved our ability to climb, score climbers, and hit zipliners, and we ended up getting third place.
We have almost finished our robot prototyping in our teams. The half-field is almost done.
It has been 8 months and eleven days since the last blog. That is mostly because we have not had a meeting since the competition, and we didn't get any awards, so we could not advance to superreigonal competition. Thus the lack of opportunities to update the website. At all.
Long time no blog. Today's the first official session after winter break, and the final day before the inter-league competition. We started off by rehearsing the speech we were going to present to the judges, and the other team did something else. We're now making sure that everything's ready for the competition.
Today is the final day before the second competition. The M+E design and build teams are going to finalize the robots. Binary will fix any inspection issues, work on the tube drag/pole puller, and the ball holder/dumper. The electrical team will finish the wiring and create a diagram to add to the DE Notebook. Programming will meet with an adult leader to talk about some programming changes, work on the autonomous code, and test both robots before the end of the session. In M+F, the teams will be writing scout reports, creating buttons, making decoration poles, and preparing the laptops. In Web Design, we will be adding photos, and helping with the scouting sheets. And finally, the DE Notebook team will take pictures, printing out DE Notebook pages, perform a Rules Test on anyone wanting to drive, assign scouts, and assign people to watch over the pit.
Not much to report right now, as all the teams are doing what they're supposed to be doing- M+E is working on robots and wiring, Programming is programming, M+F is building poles, Web Design is designing, and DE Notebook remains a mystery as I have no idea who's on that team.
Some groups are now creating buttons and putting size tags on shirts, but all other groups remain doing the same
Driver test on the rules now starting, but otherwise same tasks.
Robotics team still needs to start the field testing..
Today is the first/second day of the driver tryouts, which will determine the drivers for the robots. We need two drivers, one for each team. It also doubles as an optional day for things OTHER than building due to the fact that the robots will be used for driving.
Today was an optional build day. We adjusted the parameters of our robot. We also started working on an autonomous program.